Thread: "cant find DV output pin"

Default "cant find DV output pin"

Hello!
    I have Sony DCR TRV-355E digial camcorder. First when I thought to transfer my DV to computer
    I tried to install its given driver in WinXP, which failed to do so. Then I got a driver for WinXP through net, so finally it woked with USB, but the video result which I'm gettin with Windows Movie Maker is just rubbish.

Then I came to know about Firewire thingy. I've installed the Firewire card and my computer has detected it successfully. But when I connect my camcorder with Firewire cable, nothing happens. Even my camcorder isnt visible in Device Manager. I tried to capture the video through Adobe Premerie, but it failed to detect the device. Then I tried WinDV software, which gave the same error that "Device not found", but on my camera's LCD screen "DV IN" kept flashing.

So I simultaneously connected the USB cable, n my camcorder showed up on Device Manager. But still Adobe Premiere isnt pickin it up. And WinDV's error has changed to " Cant find the output pin" and camcorder is still displaying "DV IN" in playback mode.

Can someone plz guide me?.. I'm too tired of all dis process :( :( :( plz!

is there anything in the menus of the camera that turns firewire on off?

I have feeling the usb is for tbe photos

Blog Entries

With the age of that particular camcorder (Digital 8!) it is possible that the socket has been fried in the past when hot plugging it in. Unusually (these days) that cam supports DV in as well as out.

EDIT - Just re-read your original post - not sure if the firewire IN and Out is a switchable function... I know though that on old Sony's to record into the camera it has to be in playback mode... always found that odd.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 02-20-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks for replyin!

I should re-phrase my question. Actually the problem I'm facin is that my Windows XP isn't recognizing SOny DCR-TRV355E via FireWire Connection. The Firewire card is perfectly installed n its listed in Device manager. But when I plug in my camera through firewire, nothing happens.

What should I do now? There are al0t of Sony customers havin the same problem, I came to know through net. I am desperate to know da solution, plz help!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rufi View Post
    ..Actually the problem I'm facin is that my Windows XP isn't recognizing SOny DCR-TRV355E..
    That's what we've both answered... The problem is camera based. So first off is there a menu switch that switches firewire on and off, is there a setting to change firewire from input to output - but the most likely in my opinion is that the firewire socket has been fried - a common occurence when the camera has been unplugged etc while still swiched on. If that's the case - you're screwed unless your local second hand store or ebay has another digital 8 machine that you pick up cheapie.