Thread: Disk Menu Text Distorted

Default Disk Menu Text Distorted

Hi All

Bit new to Premiere Elements (9) so forgive me if this a bit basic. I have a HD project shot in AVCHD @1920x1080. If I burn it straight to a standard DVD the disk menu text is rubbish, it has horizontal lines through it. This occurs if I use a HD or standard definition menu template (does it with all the font types). My partner in crime has tried it on the Mac version with the same issue

if I however export to an AVI file first @720x576 and then use that everything is OK. So I guess I have answered my own question but have I missed something. Do I have to go through exporting first or is there an option in the software.

Thanks in advance

OK Seems I have to create a new project and change the preferences to DV Widescreen. Import the clips as normal but when I drag them on to the timeline say no to the option to change the project properties to match those of the clip. If anyone can confirm this i'd apreciate it
    Last edited by GrandPaClanger; 02-19-2011 at 05:53 PM.