Thread: How To - Google Love Story

1. Default How To - Google Love Story

Hello, I finally made a video that I wasn't too embarrassed to show, comments and critiques are more than welcome

I liked this. Based on a clever idea, I thought it was a nice story, well paced and put together. I like happy endings and this had one.

Well done.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I liked this. Based on a clever idea, I thought it was a nice story, well paced and put together. I like happy endings and this had one.

Well done.
    Thanks Midnight! I always had the idea sitting on my desktop and finally took the time to put it together.

Blog Entries

Oh such a simple idea. It would have been so obvious to make the idea of Googling everything a comedy, but this was a great variation. I wondered if it was a little long at times, but then I think it needed the time so that the relationship between the characters could be shown to be developing.

It might have been interesting to have the girl also Googling, showing that the nervousness etc is a two way thing.

A nice feelgood film.
    Tim

I thought it was an excellent idea and it worked great, your actors really pulled it off too.

David.

6. Default

I got a lump in my throat and my eyes welled up. Job done!

7. Default

Thanks so much for all the kind words! Even though I'm green at making films, hearing positive feedback and making something that someone enjoyed is extremely motivating and uplifting. I do appreciate it, and can't wait to get better and share more videos in the future with you guys.

Blog Entries

Please do share your future movies with us. Don't expect such a soft ride in the future though. The reason this worked so well is because the content really worked. If the content is right, you can shoot in on a cell phone and create a good movie.
    Tim

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Please do share your future movies with us. Don't expect such a soft ride in the future though. The reason this worked so well is because the content really worked. If the content is right, you can shoot in on a cell phone and create a good movie.
    I completely agree. And I don't expect all roses from everyone, I think the real learning comes from constructive critiques that are met with an open mind. But I'll definitely share and look forward to your opinion, and hopefully the content will be up to par

it can be very hard to tell a story to a music track without vocals, but this worked. Well done.