Thread: Final Cut Pro Instructional Special Effects Compilation

Default Final Cut Pro Instructional Special Effects Compilation

Hey guys, I originally posted this video in the special effects thread, but no one commented on it and I really need to get some good feedback, so I'm re-posting it here. I hope that's alright.

This is a special effects tutorial that I made last year. I feel that it is some of my best work. I'd love to know what you guys think. Any constructive feed back would be awesome! Also, you should know that the final effect in the video is a total BS effect. I only put that in the video because we were on a major time crunch, and couldn't come up with anything better at the time. I'm going to be replacing the final effect with "How to blur out somebody's face" and will re-upload it soon. But please, let me know what you think!

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

It's probably better hera as you are after a critique of an instructional video, rathr than a critique of the special effects.

The text to speech voice was a bit annoying, but probably better than a poorly recorded voiceover.

The demonstrations were quite well explained, but, as you sort of hinted at in the intro, it assumes a certain amount of knowlege. I thought they were quite good and easy to achieve fx to show someone who has the basics and wants to get into fx.