Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing Experiment

Default Writing Experiment

I want to try a little experiment. I'm writing a short film. It's going to be a comedy because everyone knows that teenagers can't pull off serious. I'm drawing a blank on ideas right now, so I'm going throw out the title of the film and I want you guys to tell me the first scenario that comes to your mind when you hear it.

The title of the film is "Bologna Tits"

Have at it, and don't be afraid to have fun with it!

Blog Entries

OK. This is a serious suggestion based on the above post.

Would-be teen filmmaker decides to make a film. Feedback he's received and films he's seen convince him teens can't do serious so he decides to make a comedy. The problem is he has no ideas and so he decides to get the good people of teh interweb to do the hard work for him. So that he has some "ownership" of the idea(s) and in order to inspite his would-be co-writers, he decides to come up with a title. He wants a bit of class so thisks of a stylish, European city, but he also realises it needs to be readily identifiable as a comedy and so he throws in a word that everyone thinks is funny - "tits"

... next

Actually this is a lousey plot, but is fairly typical of a lot of self-deprecating teen "comedies" we see on YouTube so it might work from an ironic perspective.
    Tim

Okay ass hole, you don't have to be a dick about it... You know, for some one who thinks he's so high and mighty on this forum, you really can't form a sentence worth shit, 40% of the time I can't even understand what you're saying. I've tried to be cool with you, but I can't do it any more. I'm all for constructive criticism, but you take it too god damn far. And why the hell did you get mad when I called that guy a raging homosexual? He was being a total ass fag! Truth of the matter is you're just a fucking dick.

And who is it that cannot form a sentence?
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Did I miss something.

Mr LvL-Ups please don't be like that with my friend. This is not a way to win new friends or get the help you desire. AND it's very disrespectful and rude. One thing I know about people from "The South" they are usually brought up to show good hospitality and have good manners. Your frustration with your project is not an excuse to let that slip. I'm sure deep down inside, you don't feel good about what you said. After an apology you could start again.

I may have over reacted, but I still think Tim is an ass hole. You don't have to worry though because I won't be coming back to this forum.

It's always sad when we loose someone. :(

Blog Entries

It was a serious suggestion for a plot!. As I said at the end, it's actually a lousy plot, but it's a start and surely better than no plot at all. And the "ironic" take, might just have worked.
    Tim

I have a plot. I was just looking for some ideas to expand it. Don't try and play it off like you weren't being a dick about it, because you obviously were. If you didn't want to help then you didn't have to say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LvL-Ups View Post
    I have a plot. I was just looking for some ideas to expand it.
    Then why not explain your plot? As far as I can see the only thing you came up with, certainly in this thread, is a title. Having a plot would infer that you have some sort of story in mind and, if as you say, you want it expanding, it might be an idea to inform any contributors what that story might be.
    As it is, Tim came up with a reasonable storyline that, if treated in the manner he suggests, could make an ironic comedy. You could even make the idiots that continue to answer you (despite your continued rudeness) the butt of the joke. Or don't you understand irony?
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast