Thread: Software for Scoreboard - Stats etc

Default Software for Scoreboard - Stats etc

Hello,

I do video editing of our Cricket team. I use Adobe Premier and everything is fine. However, I need to show scores, Batsman score, Out, bowler stats etc., I am looking for a software that I can do it and look close to professional one or atleaset with fancy buttons/bars.

I know that i can use Titles in Adobe, but they are just plain typing stuff. Your suggestions are appreciated.. in advance.

Blog Entries

I did something similar last year for motor racing DVDs. I used a .png graphic I'd made for the background, and simply overlaid it with text generated in Vegas....

If your quite new to 2d compositing I'd recommend doing what Andy said and using a .png or .jpg and overlaying the text onto that, but if your looking to make this look really professional and want to animate graphics I'd recommend looking into a motion graphics programme like After Effects or Combustion.

Avid Marquee is great for this. You can make your graphic templates, with text layers, as they will look week after week. Then you just need to write a .txt file with the updated text and render out new animations when needed.

It's not the most advanced motion graphics software, but a good designer can get great looking results from it. You need to buy Avid Media Composer (big bucks) to get it and it's quite slow at rendering. Also If lengths of text change dramatically you need to go back in and make adjustments.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to do this in after effects?

David.

Yeah you could design the body of the scoreboard in photoshop and use After effects to animate numbers, text etc. You can then render out scoreboard with an alpha channel and overlay this onto your footage. You'd have to get timing right before hand though which could be tricky, e.g when changing the score for each run you'd have to know the timecode for this beforehand. It might be simpler to just create a nice looking scoreboard in photoshop and just use text over that.

Yeah you could design the body of the scoreboard in photoshop and use After effects to animate numbers, text etc. You can then render out scoreboard with an alpha channel and overlay this onto your footage. You'd have to get timing right before hand though which could be tricky, e.g when changing the score for each run you'd have to know the timecode for this beforehand. It might be simpler to just create a nice looking scoreboard in photoshop and just use text over that.
    If this is in resoponse to my question:

Does anyone know if there's anyway to do this in after effects?
    It's not what I'm asking, or trying to ask, perhaps I never worded it well.

I'm very capable of motion graphics within after effects (wih or without the use of photoshop). The question relates (or should relate) to the .txt file capabilities in Avid Marquee.

In Avid you create your graphcis and text as your template. Then you just need to create a .txt file with the information that you want to later use on the template. It's great for scoreboards, bottom thirds, rolling credits etc.

I'm wondering if there is a way to add information from a .txt file to user created templates in After Effects.

David.