Thread: Trying to Make a 8 sec.video and turn it into a flipbook

Default Trying to Make a 8 sec.video and turn it into a flipbook

I have sony vegas and I'm trying to get about 60 freeze frames out of 8 sec. worth of a video. I need help making a flipbook.

Blog Entries

Place your video on the timeline
    Place your cursor over the event on the timeline so the picture you want is in the preview window.
    Click the floppy disk icon immediately above the preview in the preview window.
    This will save a JPG (you chose name, folder etc).

If you're using a version of Vegas earlier than 10, make sure you set previwe quality to Best/Full (V10 does this automatically when taking a snapshot)

Repeat 59 times!
    Tim

I answerd this the other day. Put the footage on the time line then render it out as a image sequence. this will give you 200 pics or if 30fps will give you 240 pics choose every 4th pic to print for your flip book. OR even more convienient nock down the frame reate in the project properties to 12fps this will then only give you 97 pics discard ever 3rd one should be about right give or take a few.

Midnight? I render an image sequence exo, outside of the Timeline, and within the Render As menu? Please explain what you are referring to.

Did I not say it very well ? You have to put the footage on the time line first to be able to render it out. What other way is there to render than going through Render As menu.

To the OP, set the frame rate to 7.5fps in the project properties, this will give you 60 images.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Did I not say it very well ?
    Ahhh . . Gotcha! I was going with the OP's wish and Tim's subsequent response, and then onto making a rendered sequence FROM those captured stills the way Tim described.

I was thinking of a way to IMPORT (not "render as" my bad!!) Media as an Image Sequence created from Tim's advice. What you are saying is to RENDER from directly from a Timeline Event a rendered sequence of FRAMES. OK, but that isn't selective on the frame required. May or may not be a big deal for the OP. I dunno.

OK, out there IS a remarkable free script out that WILL create stills from a bunch of Markers that have been previously, carefully placed OR even on the fly against a "beat" stills. Once those stills have been generated then those stills can be IMPORTED as a rendered sequence.

So, to recap, Midnight's way will give you a framerate-dependent sequence. Tim's way will give you a USER's-decision based selection.

What I've just described is an automated way to do what Tim has suggested, by using a script. And using scripts is where Vegas scores over the rest!

. . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Once those stills have been generated then those stills can be IMPORTED as a rendered sequence.
    Isn't communication a wonderful thing? I'd assumed that by making a flipbook, the OP wants a set of 60 stills in order to print them out. Re-importing never entered my mind! But this leads us of down those wonderful paths that begin "I wonder what would happen if ...."

I was going to mention the script, but as I couldn't find it (I'd use the one in Excaliber or Ultimate if I needed to) I chickened out in case someone asked me to find it.
    Tim