Thread: Why Don't You Do Right ? featuring Debra and Punky

Default Why Don't You Do Right ? featuring Debra and Punky

Hi, i'm new here and am self-training in video editing - it's quite amateur stuff.

Well that was different. Not sure what to say about it. It had some technical errors with the green screen but not bad the mix of the live sound and the music track seemed an odd mix which I'm not sure worked for me as I was a little distracted buy the sound of the foot steps.

Well done for making something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well that was different.

+1

got potential but the mix of live vocal over quiet backing doesnt work for me.

Thanks for the reply. The keying is no-where near perfect, i'm using two lights - one with diffuser, i'm keying with after effects. I could of took time to add shadows but i was in a rush to bond my new friendship. Any advice on how to key better would be greatly appreciated, i know th basics.
    The reason for the sound, the lights are noisy and add a hum, so i turned backing track up. Also we did not plan it that well, we were going to edit it more with cuts and some surreal effects. We then decided it would be cooler and more fun to do it in one take. Debra was going to sing the song sepearately.

Blog Entries

Great fun. A nice idea and a good look.
    I thought once the novelty had worn off it dragged a bit in the middle, but came back with those great punch & kick shots - totally unexpected, and contunied to keep the interest to the end. I loved the sound effects - especially the male grunts and yelps.
    I'm not sure having the voice from the recording and Debra's (presumably) voice worked though. Maybe if you do it again, you could do it with a downloaded Karaoke track (like I did for my Christmas video: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-vi...-over-yet.html )
    There were a few issues with the green scree - I bet you'll think twice before using something like that cat o'nine tails with chroma keying again, but overall it was well lit, birght and the sound was fine. Costumes were ok too!
    Tim

Scarily i statrted to enjoy the whip, as proved by the bloopers video. We were going to use Karaoke but we had to sacrifice the cheesieness for Peggy Lee. Wheelchair spokes don't key very easily. The costume was fantastic, maybe i should've tried harder - i was distracted.