Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Encore problems .... no hair left!

Default Adobe Encore problems .... no hair left!

Hi folks, having real fun and games trying to use Encore...

I have my menus all ready, and my video all nicely edited. Everything is already transcoded. As soon as I click on "Build DVD", everything turns into a nightmare...

Basically, it seems to burn for a while, then, somtimes, asks for a second disc, and somtimes it burns the whole disc and then screws up the the writing out bit of the process. I've even had the whole disc built, and when you actually play it, the whole thing becomes a pixelated mess!

Any ideas? Is it best to make a "DISC IMAGE" and then burn that to the disc?

Used about 10 discs so far, and now have 10 coasters....

Blog Entries

This aint going to help a deal, but a good tip, (which I always do) is to use re-writable discs to test everything until you're absolutely sure everything is fine. In the old days, I used to plough through loads each time spotting something dumb I had done.

I always build a disk image on my HDD and then use Nero to do the actual burn. Never had a single problem yet.

What version of Encore are you using though? There are patches available for both versions 1 and 1.5.

Version 1....

How does the disc image business work? Just copies everything in the right format to folder? Do you just copy the contents of the folder onto a disc?

Right - Just made a disc image. I've some software called DVD dycrypter which I use with my Sony PSP to encode movies, and it let me burn the image to the disc.

The disc auto played, but the menu has none of the menu items on it to select..... wtf? Any help would be most welcome... :

I usually build a disk image on my HDD so I end up with two directories calle VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS full of the usual VOBs and IFOs. I then fire up nero and simple burn these to the disk. No need for any other app. If you're building these yourself they are not likely encrypted so not sure what DVDdecryptor thinks it's doing to them.

Version 1 eh? Not sure what the patch fixed for V1 off-had but I'd patch it up anyway. from memory though, it was something to do with disk bruning rather than authoring.

Thanks for the tips Alan, I've just downloaded the patch.

First try looked good.... for a while. Burnt and finished the whole thing. The disc plays great on my PC, but, on my actual dvd player, the image pixaltes and breaks up.

Don't know what else I can do really. I don't want to buy Nero, when I've already bought Encore.

BTW- Making a whole image only gives me a wopping big single file called xyz.img

I'm writing at 1x speed - I wonder if it'll work if I try 4x speed? Or am I mad?

Quote Originally Posted by argento
    BTW- Making a whole image only gives me a wopping big single file called xyz.img
    use

File -> Build DVD -> Make DVD Folder...

But then if you don't have any burning s/w I'm not sure what you'll do with the resulting VIDEO_TS folder.

Well, I've just ordered Nero, so I'll see how I get on.

Just tested the disc on my portable DVD player, works fine. So it's just my main player.... which plays everything normally!?!

Well weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast