Thread: Why wont my DVD burner work?

Default Why wont my DVD burner work?

Over christmas as a few on the fourm know I burned over 200 DVDS of the local school concert and made a nice few quid .

I used the microsoft DVD maker seems its nice and simple and has nice menus as well.

When doing this I used a type of disc called Tuff Disc and they worked great.But after I run out of Tuff Discs I tried a few different types of disc and they they all came up with the message "An error has accrued while burning" or somthing like that.

I changed the DVD burner but still have the same problem.

I am totaly pi$%ed off now and am reluctent to take on any new projects due to my lack of means of burning discs.

Has anybody got any ideas.

Blog Entries

Head over to Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: CDRWIN 8 - CDRWIN 8 is concentrated and proven burning power for your CD-, DVD- and / or Blu-ray-writer with a diabolically new ... before 8am (uk time) tonmorrow - they have CDRWIN8 free of charge. Might give an alternative bit of software to experiment with.

CDRWIN 8 is concentrated and proven burning power for your CD-, DVD- and / or Blu-ray-writer with a diabolically new and modern interface, which offers the most important functions quickly and clearly arranged. “Better arranged than e.g. Nero” is what our software is titled in edition 01/2011 of ComputerBild (Europe’s biggest computer magazine)! (their words, not mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Head over to Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: CDRWIN 8 - CDRWIN 8 is concentrated and proven burning power for your CD-, DVD- and / or Blu-ray-writer with a diabolically new ... before 8am (uk time) tonmorrow - they have CDRWIN8 free of charge. Might give an alternative bit of software to experiment with.

CDRWIN 8 is concentrated and proven burning power for your CD-, DVD- and / or Blu-ray-writer with a diabolically new and modern interface, which offers the most important functions quickly and clearly arranged. “Better arranged than e.g. Nero” is what our software is titled in edition 01/2011 of ComputerBild (Europe’s biggest computer magazine)! (their words, not mine)

Cheers mate.

Worth a go,will let you all know how I get on.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post

CDRWIN works finw but the quality of the film is not as good as when I use the microsoft dvdmaker program.

In the CDRWIN burnt DVDs there is what I can only describe as a line afect from top to bottom .A bit like pixilation but in lines rather than a smooth clear picture.

Any ideas of the cause of this and the solution?

Blog Entries

This sounds like interlacing lines. Do the appear if you play it on a domestic DVD player or only on the PC?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This sounds like interlacing lines. Do the appear if you play it on a domestic DVD player or only on the PC?
    Its when I play it on a DVD player.

Never had the problem when I was using the windows dvd maker which for reasons unknown does not work for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post

Any ideas how I can sort this problem out?

Blog Entries

The next thing I'd check is that all the settings in the burning software are correct. I don't know what you are able to change, if anything, but you should be burning as PAL, 4:3 or 16:9, 25 frames per second, interlaced, lower field first.
    Tim