Thread: What is the best audio editing program to use with Sony Vegas?

1. Default What is the best audio editing program to use with Sony Vegas?

So I'm working with Sony Vegas only for couple of days now, and the first problem which I encountered while editing was the low voice in the track comparatively to other sounds.

I've already fixed the problem, because the voice was not interfering with other sounds in my track, but in the case it would, what would be the best audio editor to fix it?

I have started to learn Adobe Audition 3, but will it help me to localize voice better than Izotope, for example?

I need an audio editor which will satisfy the following criteria:

1. Most of my files will be DTS/AC3 (I read that none of the popular editors support these formats, maybe you know one?). If I won't find an editor which supports DTS/AC3, I will use WAVMP3 converter to convert my audio files to WAV/WMA/MP4 or MP3.

2. I need a program which will allow me to separate voice from other sounds and edit it, and this program must be able to handle this task better than other audio editors.

3. I included the p. 2, since the low voice was the only serious problem which I've encountered in video editing so far. Since I've been using Sony Vegas only for a couple of days now, I believe that a lot more problems will arise as I continue to use SV. So if you are already acquainted with the problems that can arise with audio part of the video file during editing,

please recommend me an audio editor, which will help me to fix them, and which also will satisfy the other criteria I mentioned.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by NikolaiV; 02-14-2011 at 12:26 PM.