Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Igloo Construction Time Lapse

Cool Igloo Construction Time Lapse

It's not finished yet, but this is what I got so far. I will be deleting this video and replacing it (I will have to ask the mods) Let me know what you think I did this completely by myself, the soundtrack was written and produced by a friend with a small recording studio. Both the SD9 and GoPro Hero were used.

Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

Blog Entries

Not bad. For me the wide angle shots went on far far far too long. It added a new dimension when we had some ambient sound (the shovel digging//scraping) and this was much better.

But the biggest question on my mind is "why would anyone spend so much time building a temporay folly?"
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    But the biggest question on my mind is "why would anyone spend so much time building a temporay folly?"
    was you ever young tim

intersting concept no doubt but imo, too long (by about 4 minutes) i didnt make it to the end sorry.

What do you mean? I hardly used the wide angle shots?

Why? Because where I live it hasn't been over 32F in month's and it isn't going to be for a while. The igloo has been in my yard the same size for 2 month's now. And lastly just to piss off my neighbors because now they can not see the road HAHA

Awee, you had to watch the last half it shows more of the inside. I tried compressing it as much as I could I actually pre-rendered all the shots using 300% velocity then re-rendered them back into the time line and compressed again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect View Post
    What do you mean? I hardly used the wide angle shots?
    I can't bring myself to sit through it again just to argue a point but from memory the first 1/2 is entirel made up of timelapse wide angle shots from one angle.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I can't bring myself to sit through it again just to argue a point but from memory the first 1/2 is entirel made up of timelapse wide angle shots from one angle.
    Ohhhhhhhh, that's what you mean. You confused me because those shots have no wide angle lens on the camera and the last few clips inside DO have a wide angle lens.... Yes I will be attempting to shorten those shots on the final render.

haha, we have an unusual amount of snow this year. I will definitely be shortening it a bit, and the gadget is called a snowblower.

I had camera failures with battery life and the card filling up too fast, so it is a bit choppy also I did not have the GoPro until it was all but complete. No it is not a joke, I built this entirely by myself a few hours a day instead of watching TV or something. I do need to work on correcting the white balance on some of the shots in post (the snow looks blueish).

I haven't tried to record max on my GoPro yet, HOW DO YOU GET YOUR SD9 TO WORK WITH THE SCREEN CLOSED!? I get terrible battery life (about an hour and 20 min)

I agree, theres not a LOT I can do in post to correct these issues but I think I can tweak it ever so slightly to look a little better still. A vignette was used on this entire video fyi.

WOW! haha that is so funny, 4 inches of snow won't even delay people from getting to work or school here. But we have been getting blasted with 18" at a time week after week now THAT'S a problem. I work at a small engine repair shop and all we have been doing for monthes are snowblower tune-ups and repairs, probably at least a dozen machines a week and we are not the only shop in town loaded with work. Someday when I get my steadicam going I will make some passes through the lawn mower/rider/snowblower junkyard behind the shop. Just rows and rows and rows of dead machines for parts.

I've always wanted to make a mini documentary on how brutal our winters experience is for other people around the world and even country. But it's so hard with the snow getting all over the lens and the wind blowing, plus the fact most storms hit at night for some reason. Not sure if you saw my "Dramatic Film Attempt" thread.

WOW I feel like such an idiot, it works! haha

Final product!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast