Thread: A slightly different question...

Default A slightly different question...

Hi guys this is not so much to do with creating videos but playing videos. I am trying to use a 16gb USB pen drive to play on my Sumvision DVD player.

The pen drive is Fat 32 as is required by the DVD player...but heres the problem, Fat 32 has a 4gb file size limit, 720 vids etc are larger than 4gb.

So my question is....what is a good program to split the files up with and is there anyway to either link them once they are on the pen drive or to set them to play seamlessly other than setting a play list on the dvd player?

A badly worded question or what?

Anyway thanks in advance for any help

Any Video editing tool will do the chopping but there is a piece of software that will split the file without having to re-render but I don't know what it's called. Video Redo comes to mind but I don't know if it's capable of dealing with HD footage. I don't know about setting your player to play the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Any Video editing tool will do the chopping but there is a piece of software that will split the file without having to re-render but I don't know what it's called. Video Redo comes to mind but I don't know if it's capable of dealing with HD footage. I don't know about setting your player to play the files.
    Haali video splitter?

Or something like that? I got it...just cant use it heh. My dvd player plays mp4 / divx stuff so should be ok....not sure about mkv's though. but first step is getting them onto a fat32, then Ill figure out the conversion.

Ill search for vid redo