Thread: Quality Issue

Default Quality Issue

Hi there, I recently purchased an HD PVR to record footage from Call of Duty: Black Ops and make videos for fun, I have never edited a video before and I am sure I shall have problems with editing later but I can not even import the media without losing quality, not sure what I am doing wrong, when I preview it after importing the quality is terrible and the frame rate is wrong.

This has occured on Sony Vegas 9 and 10, also on Cyberlink Power Director. These videos were recorded in 720p and playback in perfect HD when I open in WMP, only after importing do they playback horribly.

I tried searching for solutions and changing settings to no avail, so any help would be appriciated.

I'm using AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30Ghz 64-bit processor with 4GB RAM.

So your saying the preview is poor or the rendered video after editing ?

both of them

Well the preview quality is to be expected in Sony Vegas as you are only using a dual core processor the prieview quality will be reduced to enable the video to run smoother. You will have to tell us your project and render settings. If you set your project setting to reflect your 720p footage and use a standard 720p template like HDV 720p template it should look ok.

You said "the frame rate is wrong" how do you know this ?

I just changed it to HDV 720-30p (1280x720, 29.970 fps) which produces the same result, I play the clip and the quality actually is fine looking closly but the speed it plays is terrible, it looks really choppy and this is why I think it is something wrong with frame rate or something, is there options for this? I just rendered it aswell, which is opposite results, it runs smoothly showing all the frames but the quality is not HD, I can't find the option for render settings, could you point me towards it?

Did you PVR record at 30fps ?

Is it just the computer struggling to play back HD footage. Try creating a normal MPEG2 and see what that looks like for smoothness.

Hmm, just checked, the clips were recorded in 60 FPS, Is this the reason its looking choppy?