Thread: How do I insert a walking person in one video into my current video?

Default How do I insert a walking person in one video into my current video?

I am a new member in here and I am new at Vegas Pro 10.

Here's what I want for my video: I want to put a real person that is walking across my clip against a nature background.

So the nature picture is the first layer(bottom track). The second layer is the person walking across the screen(top track).

How do I accomplish this in Vegas Pro 10? I tried the masking the person in the Video Pan/Crop Window, but when I play back the video, the area that I masked is what is shown throughout the whole video, and not the person. I want to actually film the person walking across the background.

Google "green screen effect".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude56 View Post

So the nature picture is the first layer(bottom track). The second layer is the person walking across the screen(top track).

How do I accomplish this in Vegas Pro 10? I tried the masking the person in the Video Pan/Crop Window, but when I play back the video, the area that I masked is what is shown throughout the whole video, and not the person. I want to actually film the person walking across the background.
    You're almost there, it just sounds like you've got the mask set to positive rather than negative (or the other way round).

Look on the left side of teh Pan & Crop window, under "Path" you'll see "mode". Change the value from positive to egative or vice versa.
    Tim