Thread: Sony NX5E

Default Sony NX5E

Hi guys, i'm not a frequent poster on here although I do use the forum as a refference when needing help!

I have done a fair bit of research into the NX5E as its what Im looking to go for for my next camera but I just wanted a few opinions on the camera, its price and whether it will have the desired effect I am looking for.

Now for the last 8 months I have been using the sony cx550 handy cam getting to grips with filming, learning a style that suits me and getting myself some footage so I can also spend time on editing etc.

I film mainly car events (track racing/rallies) and also have a requirement to start filming in clubs on the odd occasion, for an on going project I will be involved in.

Now will the NX5E fit the bill? If not are there any other cameras I should be looking at upto the value of about 3500?

Many thanks in advance,

Hi Nick,

I'm in a similar position and I've done quite a bit of research for a good 1/3" chip camcorder with more professional features.
    Originally I was looking to get the Panasonic AM-HMC151 and more recently I am moving towards the Sony nx5e.
    The other contender due for release at the end of Feb (according to the distributor) is the Canon FX100 - 50Mbps 4:2:2, but significantly larger file size!
    I'm looking for an sub 4000 a semi-pro hand-held camcorder that accepts SC/Compact flash media.
    Here is an informal review of the Sony NX5E:
    MacVideo - Camera Technology - Features - This is NXCAM: Barcelona 2010