Thread: Video capture Horizontal alignment problem, arrgh!

Default Video capture Horizontal alignment problem, arrgh!

Hi everyone, Iím new on here so thanks for helping in advance.

I have a Panasonic NV-GS180 and am using Adobe Premier Pro CS3 to capture my video (also used pinnacle studio and DVIO-as suggested in the FAQ section) My PC should be more than capable of supporting DV capture, Quad core, 8 GB Ram etc (I can provide full specs if required).

When I watch my videos direct from the camera on a TV they are crystal clear as I would expect from the camera, my problem is when I capture the video to my pc using the firewire port the video seems to be out of step horizontally, I had the same problem with my old PC and have since upgraded and still it happens! I have a good knowledge of PC's, I build my own and fix friends etc but my understanding of video capture is a bit limited when I have a problem like this. I have searched the web and not come up with any solutions and am getting fed up, I have loads of footage to capture but donít want to waste the hours when it is not going to be right, I might as well have bought a cheaper camera!

I have attached a screenshot showing the problem, this is from the capture window in premier pro.

Please help me as I have run out of ideas!! If you require any further hardware/software info I will be more than happy to supply this.

Thanks again and hope you can help.

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just found a thread with the same problem!! Doh, didn't look hard enough on here before i posted!

Thanks

This is a bad case of interlace artifacts. It could be that what ever program your viewing the video with is poor at interlacing may be pick up the wrong field order. Try de-interlacing the video with your editing or some other program. This will make the image a progressive picture and take away the lines. The problem with some PC monitors is they are not made to watch interlaced video as they are progressive screens. Your de-interlace setting for HD footage should be upper field first and for SD footage lower field first.

Thanks for your reply, im am playing around with my settings but not getting much luck so far!

What are you using to view the video.