Thread: Three

Default Three

Hey all,

Please check out the teaser trailer to my new short 'Three.' Admittedly it doesn't give a whole lot away - I did experiment with a longer trailer going into some of the story elements but felt it just gave too much away. The film itself should be finished soon.

The plot - Three strangers experience a life changing day, unaware of the connections they share.

Last edited by Fingercuff; 02-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Nope, doesn't give a lot away :P ... I suspect the film you're making is something that probably doesn't need a trailer. At the moment if you didn't tell us, the film could be about anything, which can be a good or bad thing.

Having said that It's well shot and I like the editing and the titling is quite cool. I'd consider spending some more time on colour correcting the footage... at the moment it looks a little 'video'. It's hard to tell if it's appropriate without seeing the full version, but I'd say it could probably do with a bit more depth in the contrast/colour.

Hi there, big thanks for the feedback!

Your right about the colour correction - the image was unaltered. My DOP with do a full grade on the finished piece though so we can get it just right! We shot 'Three' on a Sony Z1 with a redrock 35mm adaptor.

Short and sweet. Enough to make you want to know what it is about, but, as said, gives nothing away.
    Agree about the colour, unless of course it was shot in a smoky train, but you can't smoke anywhere public nowadays!
    Look forward to more.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Nice one Jim, I see you've stuck with familiar actors. They where very good in Dancer, I expect the same in this.

Cheers Midnight! As usual I have to keep it offline until it's done the festival thing but I'll send you a copy when it's complete!

Really can't fault the cast I've got on this one so I count myself very lucky. Before Christmas Stuart Sessions had been cast as Adolf Hitler in Martin Scorcese's new film. Then after rehearsals they cut the scene just before he was due to be filmed. They had built all the sets, Stuart even has 'Hitler hair' in our production. Really gutted for him.

What a bummer. :( I feel for him but I'm sure with his talent his time will come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What a bummer. :( I feel for him but I'm sure with his talent his time will come.
    His time has come. A Scorcese film may pay more, but a Fingercuff has more credibility.

Looking forward to it Jim.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    His time has come. A Scorcese film may pay more, but a Fingercuff has more credibility.
    I think a few people may disagree! Including Stuart!

One day perhaps....