Thread: Should I post wedding video prices on my website?

Default Should I post wedding video prices on my website?

I have had my website up for about a year now and have been getting business here and there but it could be much better.

I am wondering if anyone has any input into weather it is a good idea to post prices for the video service OR to just write everything that can be offered and is available and then have them contact me for pricing?

I know that I personally prefer to see the prices on a site when searching for a service, maybe I just answered my own question.

Yes, I think you did.

Unless you are really worried about some other local guy undercutting you posting a guide price is probably a good idea. BUT leave it a bit general and offer different packages and say that they can be tailor made for each individual. Ambiguity leaves room for flexibility.

If you don't put prices on show, you're gonna be a busy fool answering the phone to the 'how much - too dear' brigade. As MB says offer a variety of packages.
    Personally I just have 2 main package prices now, our full coverage and part coverage prices with just 2 desirable extras.
    Now the recession is in full flow it makes sense to cater for those who are belt tightening.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Default Thanks

Cool thanks for you input guys, I uploaded my prices along with 3 different packages and then pricing on additional services if needed.

Would I be able to check out your website zero? we live on different contents so i don't think we are exactly in competition with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattd35 View Post
    Would I be able to check out your website zero? we live on different contents so i don't think we are exactly in competition with one another.
    Sure - Click on ZERO and view homepage. (Not the most whiz bang of a site, but it brings in the business)
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club