Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nifty Fifty

Default Nifty Fifty

first session with the 50mm prime. focus pulling, shallow depth of field haters need not apply

[video=youtube;25Gwf9shttp://www.youtube.com/wah?v=25G[/video]

edit: if you decide to wath this please view on youtube rather than on here. It looks and streams much better than the link from here.
    Last edited by enc; 06-12-2012 at 08:07 PM.

I've always said you have a good eye for a nice shot. Looks good.

cheers dave. im loving it. manual focus only on my camera unfortunately .... whole new ball game for me

its going to be fun in direct sunlight !

Nice shots. 50mm's are the best bit of kit you can spend your money on. f/1.8 is awesome and the f/1.4 leaves it for dead!

(All I need now is a Nikon with video capability!)
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Love it, really nice video and each shot is well thought out.

Also the tune is quality. Makes my decision to sell my Canon XL1 in favour of a Nikon D7000 a lot easier. Especially with all the lovely expensive lenses I have already for my D200
    Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
    twitter.com/mattauckland

Quote Originally Posted by ge3k View Post
    Makes my decision to sell my Canon XL1 in favour of a Nikon D7000 a lot easier. Especially with all the lovely expensive lenses I have already for my D200
    so, have you done the deed ?

Well yes partly, as the first stage is complete. Canon XL1 sold for 560 with all the extra's I had (here: Canon XL1 Camcorder Plus Lots of Extras on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 02:46:22 GMT)) and the Bag went for 58.75 (here: Porta Brace CTC-2 Camcorder Case on eBay (end time 24-Mar-11 23:20:03 GMT)).

So all that is left now is to sort out the balance, and that is down to a few educational clients paying what they own (hopefully within the next week), and I'm off to my local London Camera Exchange to part with some cash.

Already started making a list of kit to buy, such as the Rode Video Mic Pro.

Excited
    Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
    twitter.com/mattauckland

nice one..... you still going the D7000 route ? i was having a look at one in PC world today. sadly it wasn't powered so i couldnt have a proper play but very nice build quality

Yeah, I think I'll be getting the D7000. I want to check my fisheye lens on it first, so I will head to my nearest London Camera Exchange to try it out, but after watching many reviews and videos shot on the D7000 like this:

I think it is a no brainer. Unless Nikon release something soon to top it.
    Matt

about.me/mattauckland
    twitter.com/mattauckland

niiiice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast