OK So when I replace my Panasonic NV-GS400 with a high def cam I want a HMC151, but realistically it's going to be something like a TM700 or TM900 and that's not going to happen for a while.

So, in the interim, I want to go wider (The HMC151 has a good wide angle out of the box, but that's nt the case with my current cmera or the Tm700/900) and I don't mind spending money on a decent converter if I can use it on my next cam as well.

Now, the GS400 has a 43mm filter diamerter and the TM 700/900 a 46mm filter diameter. I already have a 43-55mm diameter and my filters are both 55mm (my thought was that by having a filter which is larger is less likely to cause vignetting)

My thought is that I should get a W/A adapter with a 55mm thread so this will work with current an future camera - is this sensible?

Aside from that, what W/A adapter do people recommend. The "standard" seems to have been the Raynox HD-6600PRO - is this still a good choice? Can anyone recommend a good supplier? I'm considering buying from the USA - a company have them for sale via eBay at approx 77 + approx 14 shipping.