Thread: Pinnacle Studio 8 FPS Issue

Default Pinnacle Studio 8 FPS Issue

Hi,
    I have been using Pinnacle Studio 8 for a while now and I have gotten used to it. Now, I have already composed a movie on it using video I captured and images and such and I had no problem.
    Now, I am making another movie, with video from the same camera, but my project is set at 30 FPS. I added some photos and some titles to my project first and then I wanted to add a video file. It wouldn't let me add it because the video I captured was set at 25 FPS while my project was set at 30. I wondered if I could change the frames per second or maybe understand why it has set it that high.
    The thing is that I capture the video in MPEG format, but then I need to change it's frames per second to fit my project. This seems to be a problem to many video converting software and thus I need to capture all the videos in AVI format and then change them.
    This, of course, takes up much more space.
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

We're talking about standards here. The PAL standard applicable to most board users (who live in the UK) dictates a frame rate of 25fps. NTSC (used in the most the states amongst others) is 29.97 (i.e 30) fps. Converting footage from one frame rate to another is fraught with dificulties and I would advise against it.

What is the source of both your video inputs. If you have to convert, convert the smallest amount of footage.

I understand what you're saying, but I'll still have to convert all my video files because they are all 25 FPS.

Blog Entries

You said, "I added some photos and some titles". This would suggest to me that it doesn't yet contain any video. I would urge you to consider starting the project from scratch as 25fps.

Thanks for the quick replies and help.