Thread: Color Grading workflow in CS5

Default Color Grading workflow in CS5

Coming from FCP / Color to PPro/AE I'm wondering what people's workflow is for color grading in CS5.

While I can see the simple workflow of grading with plugins within PPro (e.g. red giant), opening a PPro project in AE and grading there seems to be a one way street. Yet, this is what I read that most people do.... drop in to AE.

What happens when some one comes back with changes to the program? Is there a way to update the AE project with the new changes, or does it all have to be done again from scratch?

You can use dynamic link to create sequences that change between the two but I found it to be a very ugly system and have had very little in the way of use for it.

I prefer to do any colour work directly in Premiere, but only for restricted workflow reasons. If anyone points out anything other wise workflow related I'd be over the moon, Premiere has a some pretty good colour tools in relation to the result but not so great in relation to working with them.

I've found video related colour work to be quite a weak point in the adobe suite.

David.