Thread: Help! SD or SDHC?

Default Help! SD or SDHC?

Please help a technophobe.
    Just got a Brica DV-HG1 and going on hols in a week. Need to get SD card(s) to suit the camera.
    Is this compatible with SDHC, or am I doomed to have to get several 2/4GB SD standard cards.
    How much HD 1080 video will I get on a 2gb/4gb card if I can't use the larger capacity format?
    Any advice very welcome...thanks
    Steve

I don't know about the camera, but SD is restricted to 2GB. A 4GB card is SDHC!
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Thumbs up

Thanks - after much digging on the interweb I have found that the camera will take SDHC cards.
    Thanks for you reply.

If it's any help I've found a very good price on SD cards at 7dayshop.com - Online shopping made easy !. More reliable than picking a seller on eBay although it can be a slow in he post as stuff comes via Guernsey. I got a class 10 8gb card and still had change from 20 but there was an offer on at the time.

Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)

Nice, I think I might get a couple or at least update my bookmarks!

I know SanDisk are expensive but for consistent and reliable flashchips and controllers inside, I believe these are the only card to use.

SanDisk SDHC Extreme Class 10 16GB - Digital Imaging Store

Quote Originally Posted by D.I.S. View Post
    I know SanDisk are expensive but for consistent and reliable flashchips and controllers inside, I believe these are the only card to use.
    That's a rather bias view! IMHO Lexar are by far the leaders in this department, but that is my view from testing many cards over the past 6-7 years. far fewer failures than Sandisk. There are also a number of other manufacturers that produce excellent cards at reasonable prices, Trancend and Kingston amongst them.

Hi Ian,

Possibly! I must say i have no experience of Lexar SDHC but i know their high speed CF are good so i dont doubt this at all. Value for money, kingston and transcend are great. But for use in adaptors for Sony EX cams, my concern with them is the consistency. My point being it is worth spending a bit more for this peace of mind, whether thats lexar or sandisk, depending on your use though aswell.

By the way Ian, have you tried any of the new SDHC UHS-1 Cards (45MB/s)?