Thread: Hi everyone new to this but i am experiencing problems with my minidv tape need help!

Default Hi everyone new to this but i am experiencing problems with my minidv tape need help!

alright so i have recently moved and most of my stuff from my old house is in storage. well, i love to edit videos with premiere but i am experiencing problems. In storage, i had left all these tapes in a box in there. Just a few days ago i went to go get the tapes and i brought them home, put them in my camcorder and they were all skippy as i would put it, meaning sound was fuzzy, and the picture was there but this little i guess i would call them pixelated specs kept popping up on the screen as the video played. I live in connecticut and my theory is that the cold did something to them as they were in storage. I would love to hear your feedback and how i can fix this problem if i can at all. This would be greatly appreciated

I suppose the storage could have damaged them especially the temperatures you've been having lately but I would have thought damp would have to have gotten in as well. It could just be that the tape head on your camera needs a clean.