Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best format to render in to prevent loss of quality

1. Default Best format to render in to prevent loss of quality

Hi all,I have two avi files which are both HD, one 720p and other 1080p. What setting or custom setting do I render these in to prevent loss of quality please ?

cheers

DB

This all depends on what you will be doing with it when rendered, if upload to YouTube, Put on a DVD/Bluray, etc.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This all depends on what you will be doing with it when rendered, if upload to YouTube, Put on a DVD/Bluray, etc.
    Hi thanks for your reply, it is for my youtube shooting videos in HD.
    I used to render and upload my standard avi in AVI (Huuge files) but now I have a 720p hd camera (avi) and a 1080p hd camera (avi) for which i now use. Just looking to see the best possible format to upload to TY with and with minimal quality loss.

Many thanks

There are many opinions for which is the best format for up loading HD video to YouTube. I can only give you mine. I have set up a template for 1080p from the MainConcept mpeg2 choose the 1080i-50 template and click on the custom button. Change the width to 1920 and the pixel aspect ratio to square. Change the level from High 1440 to High Then change the field order to none (progressive). Move the quality slider to high 31. Now click on the project tab and change the video rendering quality to Best. Change the template name to HDV 1080p and click on the save icon.

If your project is 720p have the same setting as the 1080p template but change the size to 1280 x 720.

This is just one option.

5. Default

There are many opinions for which is the best format for up loading HD video to YouTube. I can only give you mine. I have set up a template for 1080p from the MainConcept mpeg2 choose the 1080i-50 template and click on the custom button. Change the width to 1920 and the pixel aspect ratio to square. Change the level from High 1440 to High Then change the field order to none (progressive). Move the quality slider to high 31. Now click on the project tab and change the video rendering quality to Best. Change the template name to HDV 1080p and click on the save icon.

If your project is 720p have the same setting as the 1080p template but change the size to 1280 x 720.

This is just one option.

Many thanks for this !! Will i lose quality as I will be going from avi to mpeg2 ?

Technically yes, however will you notice the loss ? I don't know. Remember you will loose picture quality anyway when it is compressed for YouTube. Do a 10 second test to see what you think.

7. Default

Technically yes, however will you notice the loss ? I don't know. Remember you will loose picture quality anyway when it is compressed for YouTube. Do a 10 second test to see what you think.
    okay mate many thanks for this, I will try it out

8. Default

This is just one option.

Hi mate I have tried yoru above template,but when I try to move the setting from 16:9 to square, when I render it says error ?

any ideas ?

cheers

DB

Did you remember to change the Level to High and not High 1440 on the video tab.

10. Default

Did you remember to change the Level to High and not High 1440 on the video tab.
    Yeah I did, it seems anything but 16:9 I get an unexpected error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast