Thread: Mini DV, SD Card and so on....

1. Wink Mini DV, SD Card and so on....

Hey People!,

I remember i while back, most people on here were saying that mini DV is still the best format if you want to do intensive editing on your footage although i dont know the technical reason for this.

Is this still the case?....i ask because im looking for a cheap HD camera for making no budget short films, music videos etc. I dont do enough of this to warrant buying a semi pro camera but i still need to able to to use keyframes, add magic bullit/new blue filters, use crossfades.

Are solid state devices able to be edited like this nowadays using the latest version of Vegas?

Thanks in advance

It's so much a software issue when dealing with HD footage, it's more to do with the power of the PC.

The short answer is 'Yes' but, as midnight says, compter power is king! Quad core is almost a minimum.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)

One thing you need to look at too is the off loading of footage, With MiniDV you just put in another tape where you need a computer or another device with harddrive cams

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2