Thread: When cutting...

Default When cutting...

Sorry for not so proper title but I really don't know how to name/explain this hope you'll understand me. When I was cutting videos in the past in sony vegas, there used to pop up a yellow bar next to my selection which was perfect for cutting to exactly where I have selected. Now the yellow bar is gone and it's kinda hard to cut. Hope you understand what I'm asking for... I prolly disabled this thing somehow, how to get it back?

The yellow bar, or arrow? It usually sits at the very beginning of your time-line. It sits just above your time slider.

Another way to cut a clip in Vegas frame by frame is to press "S" on your keyboard when on a specific frame then on another. Delete and proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEugie View Post
    The yellow bar, or arrow? It usually sits at the very beginning of your time-line. It sits just above your time slider.

Another way to cut a clip in Vegas frame by frame is to press "S" on your keyboard when on a specific frame then on another. Delete and proceed.
    No... here I'll explain with screenshot http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9928/23307312.png so let's say i wanna cut the video to where the selection is.. so i drag and drop the right end to the left until i get to the selection

now in the past when i was dragging, when it would come near the selection it would automatically align itself.... now it does not.
    Last edited by nekro; 01-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.

If I understand you your talking about the yellow line that appears when the end of the clip hits the curser. There is also a blue line when you have a clip against another clip to help you to line them up without overlapping. Is this what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by nekro View Post
    now in the past when i was dragging, when it would come near the selection it would automatically align itself.... now it does not.
    Sounds like you have Snapping turned off.