Thread: filming cars, racing, and all that action stuff

Default filming cars, racing, and all that action stuff

I mostly film the car clubs doing stunts and at competitions. In other posts you can find some of our mischievious behavior. I was wondering about how to shot cars. What are some good shots / positions to shoot cars? I was working on building a front bumber mount. I want to encase the camera to protect it from water, dirt, gravel, snow, etc and thought plexiglass would be good for the front. what do you think? What materials should i use to build it? I dont have the $$ to go buy one, I would rather build it anyways.

When stationary, how else would you suggest filming cars. I've been watching car movies or movies with car scenes, trying to pick out stuff.

thx
    Sony DCR-TRV250 mounted on the bumper of my 2004 stage3 WRX.
    Adobe Premier 6.5
    XP Pro
    athlon XP 3000 (2.2ghtz) 400fsb
    512meg pc3200ddr 400fsb dual mode ram
    80 gig 7200rpm ide133 hd
    Geforce FX 5200 w/ svid out 128meg ddr

Blog Entries

I love low shots just below the front offside for cutaways. I'm also a stickler for keeping the camera static as the object goes ina and out of shot - another good shot for cutaways. Wouldn't have a clue on actually building a mount though!

Have you seen h**p://www.getawayinstockholm.com/

oh yes, i saw 1, 2, and 4. I love the front mount camera shot the entire length, that just makes it so much more real and keeps the fear factor up. I want to entertain but I want to get people's adrenaline up from watching these short clips.
    Sony DCR-TRV250 mounted on the bumper of my 2004 stage3 WRX.
    Adobe Premier 6.5
    XP Pro
    athlon XP 3000 (2.2ghtz) 400fsb
    512meg pc3200ddr 400fsb dual mode ram
    80 gig 7200rpm ide133 hd
    Geforce FX 5200 w/ svid out 128meg ddr

Default Re: filming cars, racing, and all that action stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DJP
    I mostly film the car clubs doing stunts and at competitions. In other posts you can find some of our mischievious behavior. I was wondering about how to shot cars. What are some good shots / positions to shoot cars? I was working on building a front bumber mount. I want to encase the camera to protect it from water, dirt, gravel, snow, etc and thought plexiglass would be good for the front. what do you think? What materials should i use to build it? I dont have the $$ to go buy one, I would rather build it anyways.

When stationary, how else would you suggest filming cars. I've been watching car movies or movies with car scenes, trying to pick out stuff.

thx
    Hi. I'm brand new, but will be doing exactly what your doing. Me and my friends are all car guys. Were working on a 240sx right now, which will be getting an SR20DET shortly, and a 88 Supra which is having it's engine rebuilt and worked, etc. We kept talking about how we need outside shots, but of course it's my camera that will be used. If you come up with any kind of cool holder please post your results!