Thread: Shot for the cost of eight pizzas on DSLR

Default Shot for the cost of eight pizzas on DSLR

Hey guys,

This is a video I recently shot and edited for my band, with the help of some very talented folks here in Albuquerque, NM - it's "Everybody Down", off our new record, "SOS". We're Vertigo Venus, a synthpunk band. I shot this video for the cost of eight Domino's pizzas. It was shot on two Canon 5D MK II's, and one Nikon D7000. Edited in Sony Vegas Pro 10 by me (the drummer, brian - Yes, we can do more than just hit things with sticks :P ).

Well done guys, I think you made a good job of this. Nice variety of shots, put together well, etc. You even dressed up for the event.

great............... life is good

Blog Entries

Nice job. Another one where I'm not a fan of the music (I must be getting old!)... but the video held it up for me. The female talent alone kept me watching.

Seriously though, well shot, good variety, lovely clear visuals, not too much dof. Like it!

Blog Entries

Can only agree. It's difficult to come up with a vidoe which comprises no more than the musicians performing and keep the interest up. Cleavage & pouting lips helps. For some reason the singer reminded me of Simon Le Bon.
    Tim

Not my kind of music i'm afraid, however it was shot well, and edited very well in sync with the music. So good job!

I would say that maybe you lit it too neutrally? Technically it's lit very well and is very pleasant... would work very well in a movie, or softer music; but for grungy music like this I'd consider perhaps much more harsh/contrasty lighting with a slightly more extreme approach to the colour-correction (less subtle/unnatural tint?)

Oh by the way, please tell me where you can buy two 5DmarkII's and a D7000 for the cost of 8 pizza's

Quote Originally Posted by benesotor View Post
    but for grungy music like this I'd consider perhaps much more harsh/contrasty lighting with a slightly more extreme approach to the colour-correction (less subtle/unnatural tint?)
    Normally I would agree with you about this but for this video the neutral lighting works perfectly with the cloths and appearance of the group and helps to sell the ironic nature of the music against the groups dress. It's all part of the groups statement, the same as the when the men of the surrealist movement wore suites and ties.

Well, I guess a lot of us guys are at an age where this kind of music doesn't really appeal to us, but I must say the footage was absoluetly beautiful! I don't know that I've ever seen better.

Blog Entries

Shame. The guy posted then never came back. Don't ya just hate it ehen they do that
    Tim

May be they where just after viewers. :(