Thread: 'The Way of the Warrior'

1. Default 'The Way of the Warrior'

This one is a little longer than the video I posted earlier today. Again, this one is of the Piper Warrior, but it is a little less abstract and a little longer. I hope you enjoy it.

(Synopsis)
    The video shows the first solo flight ritual that a cadet goes through after only 14 hours with an instructor. Planning, Pre Flight, Taxi and Take-off are all performed solo for the first time, then on completion, the cadet is baptised by their fellow course mates!
    Last edited by HypersonikStudios; 01-17-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Great stuff again. Nice execution of RT on music, nicely shot and edited. One small criticism would be that without the explanation of a pilots maiden solo, that you gave I'd have been wondering what all the swimming pool stuff was about. I think the vid could possibly explain that part instead of you needing to explain. Perhaps the inclusion of the pre-flight briefing would achieve that?

Overall though - yep, show me more!

3. Default

Yeah I made it for the academy and of course, they need no explanation! One way I could possibly get around that as far as making it more broadly comprehensive, would be to include some titles throughout flashing up at key points to enhance the story, a bit like they do in movie trailers?

I had not watched this for a while before I posted it today, and realised that it might not make perfect sense having what look like random pool sequences!

Blog Entries

To give it that broader appeal I'd probably include a shots of stuff like a clipboard with 'maiden solo fight exam' printed boldly on it or something.

It's just a case of building a story up....

Your audience of course doesn't need it at all - but everyone else probably would!

As if he didn't have enough to worry about with his first solo flight, he then has a camera pointing in his face. lol

Again like your other video, nicely shot and edited. I especially love the end shot.