Thread: dcr-hc14e problems transferring to laptop

Default dcr-hc14e problems transferring to laptop

im new here anyway i have a sony dcr-hcr14e which i use in a housing for fliming underwater, it came with pmb package and i have the latest update on my laptop, i dont have a firewire port at all on the laptop and was told by the most popular pc store in uk to get a Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin Female to USB Male Adaptor so i did and still my laptop wont recognise this at all my laptop is a packard bell easy note tj71 and have been i cant get firewire on it at all, if i cant do anything at all my last option would be to connect via tc record to dvd and put that on pc, if anybody can help i would so appreciate it just completely stumped as my laptop says no firewire connectec even when i use the adaptor many thanks to all who answer regards mark

Blog Entries

I've not heard of USB to Firewire adaptors - but I have used a PCMIA adaptor before. Have you got a PCMIA slot available?

EDIT - Such as this -Combo USB 2.0 IEEE 1394a 4 Port PCMCIA Laptop Card : CardBus : Maplin

no there is no pcmia slot at all, the adaptor i got from typing in Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin Female to USB Male Adaptor from info from pc world but my laptop says doesnt recognise it at all, unless firewire could be installed on my laptop via such as pc world but they were not helpfull when i asked the reply was , dont know they were quick to sell the the laptop though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    ...they were quick to sell the the laptop though
    Aren't they always! I'd go and have a big fat strop at them. Might not achieve much, but you'll feel much better afterwards.

i did belive me but i think i was wasting my time it went in one ear and out of the other with a vacant expression on there face still doesnt help my dilema cause i am big time stumped with this