Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wedding highlights

Default New Wedding highlights

The wedding was shot with 5D Mark II with a Hague slide dolly. Edited with FCP and graded with Magic Bullet.

Criticism is most welcome.

Not keen on the desaturated 'look' and the editing looked a tired mish mash not aided by a very dull music track.
    A great filming technique though which could be capitalised on to make so much more of this wedding in the edit.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Thanks for the feedback

I am a bit too much obssessed about the Magic Bullet. Need to get off that for a bit. What's a good alternative to grade on FCP? I am quite novice of Color.

Music track is actually the couple's choice which I couldn't do much a bout.

I'm not a fan of the odd, sometimes green cast that this look has added. It's not consistent throughout either. Some very nice moves in there though I agree that sometimes couples choose less than exciting first dance music :(

In terms of colour correction, I use Magic Bullet Colorista II as a plug-in. It's completely different to 'Looks' but gives you most of the advantages of Color 'within' the FCP workflow. No need to collapse video tracks, deal with conforming and round tripping etc. It just works! It have Primary, Secondary and Master rooms and can easily add vignettes etc. Since I started using it I've never been back to Color.
    Last edited by David Partington; 01-11-2011 at 10:34 PM.

I've often found that editing is more about intuition and feel rather than set 'looks'. Your edit, despite the song choice, could have been so much more effective if you sat and watched without the music, then chose the scenes to use.
    In this case it is such a drab song, I would, if using the clip as part of a showreel, swap out the song for something rushing, swirling and exciting and show the couple and potential clients how good it really could be with more thought given to the choice of track.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Speaking from a point of view of someone who has never shot a wedding. I thought the camera work was very good, with some really good shots. Like Zero, I thought the editing has let it down a little. Not only the Magic bullet work but artisticly. An example is the end shot freeze frame/photo FX the idea is good and was done well but the choice of shot was not the best of the couple with both there backs turned.

Well, thats my humble opinion anyway. )

It's very easy to get hung up on the song. I've done highlights videos that I've positively hated because of the song - but for a wedding video we need to remember that the couple chose this song for a reason, you can see them singing along to it during their dancing, so while it's a boring tedious song for us, to them it could be VERY special.

If you are producing highlights videos for the couple then it's important to do what pleases them, not us. If however you want this to show to others then by all means spice it up a bit with different music.

Blog Entries

I thought it nicely shot, some lovely captured moments in there - but I'd chuck the grading out. It's unneccesay and in my opinion ruins it completely.

Thannks for all your feedbacks - I do feel now the Magic Bullet is a bit over the top.

Default great man..may i know what tittle song

Quote Originally Posted by I-WeddingVisuals View Post
    The wedding was shot with 5D Mark II with a Hague slide dolly. Edited with FCP and graded with Magic Bullet.

Criticism is most welcome.

great man..may i know what tittle song

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast