Thread: Placebo - Meds

Default Placebo - Meds

This is my other home made video. I made it about a year ago and just thought about sharing it here

Whilst this is not the best video in the world technically, it shows great creative talent, which is often forgotten as being the important side of film making. I bet you got cold lying in the snow like that. A strong song with a strong performance from you.

For your future videos it would be good if you could learn to use the manual controls of your camera. Do a correct white balance for each change in lighting this will stop the white then yellow then pink looking whites and stop the snow looking blue. This will help with the production values (make it look better).

Well done.

Thank you really much! Im really the kind of creative type, I dont really even understand those things you told me to do
    But Im sure you are right! Those are things I need to start taking notice of, and really learn how to correct all those technical mistakes.
    Thanks!!

Blog Entries

Ditto Midnight's comments.
    Just to elaborate a little, it may help if you try to avoid thinking of technical stuff as "technical stuff", but think of it as creative stuff. Contrast, colour, focus etc all effect the emotion of what we are watching and can and should be used every bit as effectively as other "technical stuff" (like editing) and "artistic stuff" (like content, acting etc).

It's important to learn to get things like white balance (ie getting the colours (a) right and (b) matching betwen clips), focus and contrast. Once you can do so, you can play with them. A typical TV documentary will have all these set "correctly", but virtually every film will use colour, focus and contrast creatively: few films are produced in what one might call "true" colour.

Enjoying your movies. Keep at'em and keep 'em coming.
    Tim

Yeah I got to know that
    And this was really helpful to me, I really do hope to learn more. I think Ill start by getting a better camera.
    As my defense I gotta say it DID look a LOT better on my computer! Youtube sucked it It made it look so dark.
    But I do agree with your comments, thank you very much!

I like that your not scared to use a tripod and edit static shots together to create time and motion.

David.

Blog Entries

I really like this - the creative eye is really very good indeed. The performance and vision almost outweighs the lack of technicality. Only one more step and you could be producing some very good work.