Thread: Linkin Park - Session

Default Linkin Park - Session

This is my home made video for Linkin Park´s Session (with my sister). I hope you like it. Please go to Youtube and click "fullscreen" to watch it! It comes out a lot better...

Blog Entries

Comments posted about your Placebo film apply (especially colour), but here we need to look at exposure. I'm guessing your camera is set for auto-exposure which means it has adjusted the iris for the overall amount of light in the picture. This means that the image is underexposed for the subject (you and your sister).

What you really need to do is increase the exposure so that the dancers are exposed correctly, so we can see more detail. This will mean the snow is overexposed, but that doesn't matter: we will still get an idea of the background, but we will be much more focused on the dancers.

An alternative to this would be to decrease the exposure even more, This would make the subject appear almost as a silhouette, which may be an interesting effect for this particular piece.

As it stands it's neither one thing or the other as far as exposure is concerned.

As far as the content goes, I lost iterest after a while, but regained it once you introduced the secod person. This suggests to me it may have benefitted from having les time on the solo performer and more with the two of you.

Incidentally, I suggest you look at some of the stuff posted here by Kartiv2 . No a million miles away from what you're doing here and very good.
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/search.php?searchid=53559
    Tim

I don't know how many videos I've watched today where I came away afterward thinking, "What was the point of that?" Even if the point of it was just to show a dance of some kind, a dance should tell a story. Ever see West Side Story? You could have done away with all the dialog and songs and had nothing but the dancers dancing and still come away knowing what the story was about. I'm not a fan of dance at all, but if my girlfriend forced me to go to one, I would hope it would be at least as good as West Side Story. (Which really wasn't that great).

I knew immediately when I started to read your comment, that you are "not a fan of dance at all" and there is nothing bad, I just find a lot of people who dont really understand dancing the same way that dancers do, wondering about the same thing. "Whats the point?"
    This one was about improvising, so telling a story comes different round with that. I can see the story in this, obviously, but also so did my dance teacher and my friends.
    I hope you find your way to watch through it, so that it gives you something. Not always should a dance give you an answer or a story right away. Interpretation is subjective

Thank you very much, for the tips! Im sure to start working with this stuff! Im really bad at understanding these things but I do hope to learn a lot. Maybe I should start by getting a better camera. Mine was pretty cheap About that exposure thing, should I increase it with the camera (is that even possible) or while editing? I use sony vegas 9.0 Pro.
    Thank you again, I find people here being very helpful!

The link doesnt work!! :(

Blog Entries

Sorry about the link. Try this one and then click on Kartiv2 and "View Forum posts" to see others - this is just one at random
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/pimp-li...ummertime.html

You can play around with colour and brightness in Vegas Pro (try the Sony Color Curves effect), but it can't really do a lot if the detail isn't captured in the first place. You difinitely need to look at understanding manual exposure on your camera!
    Tim