Thread: Video Camera Bracket? Mounting onto camera.

Default Video Camera Bracket? Mounting onto camera.

I'm looking for something where I can mount my small videocamera onto my camera lens.
    It's a Panasonic SD600, hand held.

I have a telephoto camera lens, and would like to be able to film as I photograph, so it would allow me to point the video camera at the same place I am photographing and capture the wildlife in video whilst in photo at the same time.

Hope this makes sense. Is there anywhere I can get such a bracket or how I would go about making one?

Blog Entries

I have a telephoto camera lens, and would like to be able to film as I photograph, so it would allow me to point the video camera at the same place I am photographing and capture the wildlife in video whilst in photo at the same time.
    I assume you mean that you just want to film at the same
    time as recording, not use the Camera lens on your camcorder? The simple answer is no, no such thing exists that is widely available. You could of course use a DSLR in movie mode and take stills in this mode.

However, even if you made something yourself (or found something to buy), it wouldn't be a great solution. For example the framing would be flighty off, and any zoom control wouldn't be replicated. You'd be better of mounting cameras on tripods and switching between the two. I personally wouldn't be able to do both well. Something would be compromised.

Blog Entries

If the cam is fairly small, you could use something like a gorrilapod.

Okay thanks, I'll have a think.

Like the vids, baa humbug-pussies . is this Mac software?

As to the Telephoto - what diameter is the non-rotating end? . . . . similar Q for the camcorder. Are you confident the big lens can support the camc? Could the duo-mount weigh 1lb? I'm guessing you have a scheme in mind, so as you move the big lens the vid can (later) be used to create a documentary, with maybe a quick look at the big picture. The snag is you have to reach over to control the Camc (On/Off/Zoom/backlight/etc. - but certainly it would be possible to build a duo-mounting ring.... over to you.

For my 200mm NAi lens, I was able to mount the tripod ahead of the camera, when I bought an adaptor for my Sony NEX5, used as video cam. The balance is good and materials quite modest, but the labour was "Don't ask" - the trouble is it's a 1-off, since anyone else would want different combo of Long-lens and Camc.
    You'll have to accept the combo will not "exactly" point at the same centre....it will be close and may be "corrected" by having a soft mount between the lens and ring-mount, OR you could specify a micro-adjustment scheme, not unlike a sniper-rifle telephoto adjustment. . . . but this adds weight and Cost! - - - Still interested?

Default solutions/ brackets for mounting/connecting two cameras together (a video canmera and

Quote Originally Posted by photographer View Post
    I'm looking for something where I can mount my small videocamera onto my camera lens.
    It's a Panasonic SD600, hand held.

Hope this makes sense. Is there anywhere I can get such a bracket or how I would go about making one?
    Here are a couple of solutions/ brackets for mounting/connecting two cameras together (a video canmera and a stills photography dslr) & shooting stills & video @ the same time:

Shooting Stills & HD Video Simultaneously! 9SHOOTER HD video audio stills dslr photography: Top 10 reasons why the 9shooter bracket beats the NYT's Doug Mills' method for shooting photographic stills and video simultaneously.

Well, long story short, it's cool to see the NYT adopting the idea of shooting stills & video at the same time!

We've been waiting for quite some time for the mainstream to adopt such an obvious and useful innovation such as the 9shooter technology & philosophy! Right now, we are at the 2.5% innovator's stage:
    Last edited by dslr; 07-19-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries

With respect dslr - that really does look like several bits of Meccano bolted together - even to the extent that in the very bottom picture it looks so poorly constructed that it's wilting under the weight. It certainly doesn't look like a good solution in any way shape or form.

I'd say the bunch of bikini clad models is the best thing on the site.

Having said that if it's being sold for maybe a dollar or less it's a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by dslr View Post
    Here are a couple of solutions/ brackets for mounting/connecting two cameras together (a video canmera and a stills photography dslr) & shooting stills & video @ the same time:

Shooting Stills & HD Video Simultaneously! 9SHOOTER HD video audio stills dslr photography: Top 10 reasons why the 9shooter bracket beats the NYT's Doug Mills' method for shooting photographic stills and video simultaneously.
    Are the girls included or an optional extra ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crofter View Post
    Are the girls included or an optional extra ?
    Nah - they're there soley to distract you from a completely crap product.