Thread: Zooming in on video

Default Zooming in on video

I videotaped a play with 4 cameras. I have one camera which is a wide shot. I would like to zoom in on the stage and I tried the zoom tool in Premiere 6.5 and it distorted the video. Is it possible to zoom in in a video clip without it getting distorted.

Thank You

Not really, because you're zooming in on information that doesn't exist :-/

If you don't have enough 'tight' footage from a 4 camera set-up to make the edit you need then you'e doing something wrong. Perhaps a little bit of preplanning will help enormously in your next production........but rest assured the same thing has happened to all the best directors in the world in the past. They've learnt, and so will you

Default Excuse me

Hello,

It was just a question. I have loads of tight footage, I have been in this business for 15 yrs with many video jobs before this. let's not always assume asking a question means your dealing with someone without experince. I did pre-plan and also recorded the audio digitally in 24 track and have 200 orders after one week. So please dont insult someone you have no idea about. I guess some people just assume they are better than others.

Thank You

ooh, touchy. Don't ask questions if you don't want honest answers. You're such a seasoned pro that you didn't know that zooming in on video would decrease the quality? Come off it.

Several people give you good advice and offer constructive help, and you moan like a kid. I bet you're 15, rather than having had 15 years' experience.

You know where the door is.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Default Re: Excuse me

Quote Originally Posted by amd250
    So please dont insult someone you have no idea about. I guess some people just assume they are better than others.
    Pardon?

I can't see anyone being insulting! The vast majority of people that ask questions on here are people starting from scratch. How were we to know that you are a seasoned pro if you don't tell us. We're more than happy to help, but don't have a go at us if we tell you something you already know, because we're not mind readers.

Now pull up a chair, sit down, and mine's a decaff caramel latte thanks

Although I doubt our new friend is listening, it may be worth reiterating Mike's point for the benefit of any other visitors. From my limited experience, 95% of the people who ask questions on this board are absolute amateurs/beginners (much like myself) who - either explicitly, because they tell us, or implicitly - by the nature of the questions they ask - know very little. Thus, that tends to be our starting point. There's nothing in the question above that would lead anyone to intuit that this was someone who knew what he was talking about - in fact, as has been pointed out, the converse was perhaps true. So, for those of you of a prickly bordering on paranoid persuasion, if you think you know everything there is to know - except for the answer to your question - please tell us first so we can calibrate our responses appropriately.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...