Thread: More Video Transition Effects

Default More Video Transition Effects

Hi,

I use Edius Neo 3, and I'm looking for more video transition effects. The preset ones aren't quite what I am looking for.

Where can I download some more, preferably for free?

Blog Entries

In your other thread you said you were new to video editing... and asking for more transitions is a fairly typical request from some new to the hobby. However, watch most videos and you'll see there aren't any transitions. A transition is typically used to represent elapsed time, rather than fix hard cuts which appear odd. If you invest time in perfecting your camera skills, you'll find you won't have the need for any more than you have already.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 01-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photographer View Post
    Hi,

I use Edius Neo 3, and I'm looking for more video transition effects. The preset ones aren't quite what I am looking for.

Where can I download some more, preferably for free?
    What transition do you want ? Edius has it's own forum which you may find more useful for Edius specific questions. There are some 3rd party transitions you can buy but have you tried the manual setting to adjust them your self to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    In your other thread you said you were new to video editing... and asking for more transitions is a fairly typical request from some new to the hobby. However, watch most videos and you'll see there aren't any transitions. A transition is typically used to represent elapsed time, rather than fix hard cuts which appear odd. If invest time in perfecting your camera skills, you'll find you won't have the need for any more than you have already.
    I see, thanks for the advice. I don't want my videos to look amateurish so I won't use them as suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What transition do you want ? Edius has it's own forum which you may find more useful for Edius specific questions. There are some 3rd party transitions you can buy but have you tried the manual setting to adjust them your self to get what you want.
    I was looking for a camera shutter effect? Going dark from all edges in a circle formation quickly until it is black and returning to normal.
    However, as mentioned above I don't think I'll need effects anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by photographer View Post
    I was looking for a camera shutter effect? Going dark from all edges in a circle formation quickly until it is black and returning to normal.
    However, as mentioned above I don't think I'll need effects anymore!
    Marc is right in what he said but if you do need that transition. It is there somewhere, it's been a while since I last used it so can't remember its exact name in Neo, it's some sort of wipe.

Secondly it would be better to just put a camera clicking sound if you want to go from the video to a photo like I did in this video

Ah I see! Thanks

8. Default

I found these videos eye opening: