Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having a hard time getting hiigh quality video

1. Default Having a hard time getting hiigh quality video

Ok after rendering nicely in corel video studio pro x3 with mpg format the video looks nice

Now I'm using Sony Vegas to give the software a try

So far the software is the most complicated thing I have ever used. Even more so than adobe after effects. Sony Vegas is not intuitive at all to use

So I'm trying to use a Sony Vegas and render mpg with the same quality I got with Corel, but no the video looks horrible, you can see the pixels and the video is in the middle cropped with black edges all around.

The rendering settings were 29.970 fps, 1920x1080, and 1080p mpg format

Not sure why

So anyways I tried AVCHD with more luck. The video looks very nice the quality looks like the the raw footage, but there are some frames that are combining and there are lines in the video. How do I get rid of those lines. Remember I did not get this problem with Corel when rendering a video of plant leafs so problem is with Sony Vegas. How do you fix this with Vegas?

I shot with a Canon M30 1080p 30p

ScreenShot011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If your camera is really shooting 30fps then select the render frame rate the same, if it's 29.970 then set it to that frame rate. Make sure the field order is set to None Progressive.

3. Default

The canon website says
    You can change the camcorder's frame capture rate to 24p (recorded at 60i), which provides the appearance of the same frame rate as movie film.

So I recorded in 60i. Isn't 60i the same as 30p

So what are the setting to get no lines?

Progressive and interlaced are a very different way of producing an image on a screen. With Progressive you get the whole frame on the screen at once. With interlaced you get 50% of the picture then the other 50%, all the odd lines and then all the even lines shown alternately. This may be the lines you are seeing, an interlace artifact. I never noticed any lines in your sample video.

5. Default

Please note that the video was made in Corel video studio

and the picture was from sony vegas

I'm having a much harder time getting quality video from sony vegas

Same camera

Its crazy that there is all this stuff to do with sony vegas

To be more accurate the problem you are having is with the codecs not Sony Vegas. BUT I know what you mean. I always use the MainConcept HDV codec and I've never had any trouble with it. One thing to check if you are rendering in HD interlaced you do need to have the field order set to Upper field first. BUT as you are shooting in Progressive mode select None Progressive.

I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest.

7. Default

Get rid of sony vegas haha lol jk

Ok How do I know if I shot progressive or whatever?

I shot with a canon m30

Use a free download program called GSpot. It will give you all the information about the format of the media you have.

9. Default

Ok well I still wanted to find out how to use sony vegas and get good quality with mpg

I got good quality with Corel, why can't Vegas do the same?

Oh well I'm only giving Vegas a few more days, and if I don't see that it even gets good quality with mpg, forget Vegas I'm moving on to a mac to try out Final Cut Express,

I even like I movie better.

There things to mess with with like the Pixel aspect Ratio, or codecs when exporting your footage AND THE QUALITY LOOKS GOOD.

Do you know any good Sony Vegas forums, or somewhere I can get support? Does Sony Vegas offer support for their own product? Its frustrating to have completed your whole short film on Sony Vegas to find out that it looks like crap when exporting the footage!

Woking, Surrey, England

Do you reallyu expect people to respond to flaming like that in your last para?

Sufficient to say that very many people, including a good number who make a living out of it, use Vegas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast