Thread: Solid Color Media Generator Problem Vegas Movie Studio 10

Default Solid Color Media Generator Problem Vegas Movie Studio 10

Hello
    I am having trouble getting my solid color media generator layer to completely fill the frame of my video. I am doing a video overlay that is a different size than the main video track, so therefore I am using a solid color media generator under the video overlay and over the main video. The solid color media generator is going between the overlay and main video tracks, so that you can only see the overlay image, and black bars (from the solid color media generator). For my overlay image, if I click the 'event pan/crop' button, it says my overlay image is 436 wide and 707 high. for my media generator background (which is on the layer below my overlay), the Event Pan/Crop & media generator buttons both say my image is 1440x1080 and my main video Event Pan/Crop indicates my video size is 1440x1080. When I render the video, the solid color media generator does NOT fill the frame. you can still see video at the edges of the frame. You can see the solid color media generator sitting under the overlay image (it is slightly larger than the overlay image), but does not fill the frame, and the main video image is still visible beyond the edges of the solid color media generator. I have attached screenshots of my media generator & event pan/crop windows for reference.
    what am I doing wrong???
    thank you very much
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you simplify this? I'm having a real problem trying to understand your issue?

Just make the media size the same as the project size. the easiest way to do this should be in the pan crop tool. Choose the 16:9 preset so the size is 1920 x 1080. That will cover the whole screen. Another way is to cut the video under the media. This will also give you a black screen, in fact you wouldn't need the media at all.

This is the solution, Thank You!