Thread: Feedback on Social Media Service Video

1. Default Feedback on Social Media Service Video

Hey guyz,

Its got some cool timed pieces and about 3 hours of research and editing behind it
    I was hoping you could check out my latest piece of work:

It's interesting to see the comparison between the different media. I feel social media is hyped to be bigger than it is. People may have a page on Facebook, like me, but I never use it. I know lots do but it's figures will drop once the shine has come off. Having said that once Internet 2 comes out we won't have a choice.

Oh my, I very negative tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-Editor View Post
    Its got some cool timed pieces
    Not sure I understand what you mean by this.

I was hoping you could check out my latest piece of work
    It looks like an advert for your services. At least I assume it was as you seemed to quote a list of prices at the end. I'll therefore assume that you're using this as an ad for professional services, and have the following thoughts:

The standard of text animation was below what I'd anticipate. The current trend for animated text has seen some very impressive visuals posted to this site. "Typography" can create powerful images. for example:

These videos combine the power of visuals with a voice-over. The impact of the words is greatly enhanced, and the EMPHASIS on certain key words gives an added impact.

All of this is, of course, dependant on what you're pitching. If it's just for your (and our) fun, then great. If it's to help create your business, I'd reduce your reliance on copyright images / music and concentrate on creating stunning visuals. There's some very talented people out there, which is why I stay firmly on the fun side (you should see some of the crap I churn out!)

4. Default

@Marc

1) It is to sell my services, yes

2) it has nothing to do with typogrqphy, and i meant is got some nice timed sound effects to the text appering...

Its got over 300 views so far and every1 who's commented / liked it hasnt put any bad feedback

Its meant to get the users attention using facts to interest them into wanting social media involved with there business and to get them hyped and worked up about it = sales 4 me...

Blog Entries

it has nothing to do with typogrqphy
    I posted these typography videos to give you an idea of what could be achieved, particularly as they are very close to the concept of you video. I would suggest that this is the level to which you should aspire, certainly if you're looking to persue a career in video / media. Typography would be a particularly good technique to use for this type of message. This would avoid your reliance on copyright images and video.

Its got over 300 views so far and every1 who's commented / liked it hasnt put any bad feedback
    It's always great to have good feedback. However, your YouTube appears to be from your age-group peers. If this is your target market, and they're all converting into sales, then you've done a fantastic job. If not, then I would suggest that you invest time in learning advanced techniques.

I'm not sure I would want a SM company working for me that use images and music without permission...

and about 3 hours of research and editing behind it
    And it shows! Awfully quick for a sixty second ad. Heed Marc's words....
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk