Thread: Tried to make a music video with no footage

I consider this to be a collage rather than a proper video, so its just pure editing. I put this together yesterday and am unsure as to how it looks from a proffessional prospective. By no stretch of the imagination am i a proffessional editor but I have been playing with putting videos together for quite a long time.

I'd like to improve the skill to the best, but seriously need some tough criticism, just to get my head screwed on straight, as im just starting out and am serious about improving

Any comments are appreciated.

Last edited by MikelMashjr; 01-04-2011 at 04:05 PM.

No comments?

Its true, it is more of a collage than a music video!!
    I appreciate the work you put into it! But would say that some of the cuts/edits are a bit rough and sudden. Which is understandable if you have no raw footage of your own.

Keep working!!! ))

If your making a "Music video" with random images. I would try to have the images tell a story or fit with what is being said with the lyrics of the song. Learn to cut on the beat and the main expression of the music, This will help make the images fit with the music better. You missed a good opportunity at the break in the music at around 23 seconds to do a couple of quick cuts following the hi hat. I know you tried to cut on the beat but your timing was off a bit. This will improve with practice.

The quality of the audio is a bit poor as well.

thanks for the replies guys lol, midnight, nice and analytical. An eye for an eye. Thank you.
    I'll try improve it. Need to try my best to not get on your bad sad...i've seen what you can do...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikelMashjr View Post
    Need to try my best to not get on your bad sad...i've seen what you can do...
    I've no idea what you're on about here. Midnight is one of the nicest, most encouraging contributers on the forum.
    Tim

I think he was referring to "Merry Christmas Daisy" turning my wife into a psycho and killing my daughter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think he was referring to "Merry Christmas Daisy" turning my wife into a psycho and killing my daughter.
    Ahhh.. Well, apart from that...
    Tim