Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 Rendering problem

Default Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 Rendering problem

Hi there,

I'm new in here and I've searched the forum, but I can't find a problem the same as mine (my bad if I didn't searched well, I'm only a Dutchie and my English issn't perfect). I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0.
    My problem:
    When I start rendering, the Approximate time left keeps on counting, while the progress bar still keep on 0%. I've tried to render it tonight, but when I went back after 1 hour, the progress bar still says 0% and the Approximate time left had reached about 25 hours. That's very long for a video of 40 seconds.
    I've tried some different properties, but also rebuild my project (using several video files) and even split the videofiles in Windows live movie maker into smaller pieces, because I only use a small part of the video, but that didn't helped. Only the Apporimate time left counting slowed a little bit down after all.
    In my project I use some several videos wich play togehter, all as a smale thumbnail in a corner of the screen, with a overlay title and a piece of music, because I was making an new intro for a Youtube channel.

I hope I gave you guys enough information to help me. And if this issn't the first time this problem is asked and solved, please give me the link, my bad for bad searching.

Sincerely and greetings from Holland

It might help if you gave us your PC specs, The format of the media, the project settings and the rendering options.

Oh, I'm sorry. I added my PC Specs to my profile and thoughed that would be enough. I'm using Win. 7 32 Bit at an Intelcore i3 CPU @ 2,93 GHz and 4 GB RAM. I've a harddisk of 1 TB and an external harddisk with E Sata connection (works at the same speed as the internal harddisk) of 1,5 TB.
    I've changed my properties a several times, in order to get it working (after I read it somewhere as a tip). I made two screenies to make something clear an easy way.

The media I use is some non HD media (640x480) at 25 Fps. These are 4 videos that each has their own corner where I put them, they're resizing while the video plays, from big to small and the next video is playing there already.

Regards

Blog Entries

OK
    As I see it you're taking footage which is 640x480 (I'm guessing progressive as I suspect this is output from some computer program), placing this in a project which is 1440 x 1080 interlaced and outputting in a format which is 1280 x 720 progressive. This would seem rather unusual. Quite a lot of conversion going on here. Not only is this pretty tough on the PC, but you will be losing quality as you're converting twice.

What I suggest you do immediately is set your project properties to match your source media. To do this click on the little folder icon you can see in the image above, then navigate to and select one of the source files on your computer.

It may now start to work.

An i3 (which is a Dual Core processor) is quite likely to struggle with anything HD, I suspect the extra you're trying to throw at it is causing big problems. Let us know.
    Tim

This may appear duplication of the previous post, but I do have a reason.

OK:-

1] Set your Project to the that of the format of your Media.

2) Edit your Project.

3) Finally, Render the Project in the delivery Format.

Why are using an editing format that does NOT related to your Media? Tim has explained HOW you go about editing to reduce "issues". I'm asking WHY you haven't? Is there something that you think you gain by setting the Project to another Format other than your format of your Media you've got?

It's similar to putting Diesel in a Petrol engine. You wouldn't do that - would you?

I'm asking these questions because your request is probably THE most common request for a solution-resolution that comes to this forum. Knowing why this is so could assist us and "others" to find more appropriate User-centered solutions.

Enjoy your time with Vegas Pro. It does have many virtues.

Last edited by Grazie; 01-04-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    1] Set your Project to the that of the format of your Media.
    Done it
    2) Edit your Project.
    Done
    3) Finally, Render the Project in the delivery Format.
    Still the same problem. Project properties at 640x480 @ 25 fps and rendering at 3 Mbps vid (640x480 @ 30 Fps, can't get any closer to my media format).

Why are using an editing format that does NOT related to your Media? Tim has explained HOW you go about editing to reduce "issues". I'm asking WHY you haven't? Is there something that you think you gain by setting the Project to another Format other than your format of your Media you've got?
    I don't know why I set the properties not simulair to the media. Maybe I thoughed that because I don't use the whole screen per video (only about 1/4 of the screen) it wouldn't matter.

In short, the problems still is still there, even after trying some other formats and remaking the video. Or would it be normal that the computer uses 6 or 7 hours to render 36 seconds of video?
    About my computer: I've bought it about a year ago and a critical point for me was that the computer could work with Solid Works and Autocad 3D (because of my study).

Thanks for your help and time anyway, I'm still trying and hoping someone knows the right answer.

Unless dealing with a straightforward issue, there is no "right" answer.

Now that you have your workflow near to what you can do, now check to see what your media is.

Download the free software G-Spot and use it to determine just what your media is and come back here with the results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cargotrainfan View Post
    Or would it be normal that the computer uses 6 or 7 hours to render 36 seconds of video?
    Hmmm. No it would not be normal (I've taken 1.5 hrs to render a 30 sec clip, but that had 26tracks of video (25 arranged in a 5 x 5 grid) and 25 tracks of audio on a Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz machine) however we are getting somewhere as previously it was estimating over 25hours with no progress.

The requirements for SolidWorks and AutoCAD 3D are somewhat different from those for video editing - they require very powerful graphics chips, however, it unlikely that the rest of the machine supplied to you a year or so ago, designed for those products, would not be at least capable of the task you are asking.

I've no doubt someone here can identify the problem, but I'm pretty certain the solution is tied up in some information you are not giving us ...

One thought (and totally clutching at straws) - can you turn off graphics hardware accelleration - I'm wondering if that's in some way competing with Vegas' own routines.

Other things to try.
    New project. Import a clip. No fx, no pan/crop. How long does it take to render?
    Do it again but resize the clip to 1/4 screen. What's the difference?
    Add another clip?

Just trying to see whether the problem increases evenly, or logarithmically, or whether it happens as soon as you perform one particular function.

Do you have plenty of space left on your hard drives?

Just thinking aloud really.
    Tim

How much space on your drive/s?

Maybe there are CODEC wars going on with Autocad installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast