Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feature Film

1. Default Feature Film

Has anyone tried to make there own feature film as yet? If so how did it go?

I'm currently on the third draft of the screenplay which i can shoot for next to nothing, locations that are available to me, along with access to local acting groups.

2. Default

well i have decided to under go this effort. I am currently in re-writing the script, scouting the locations and taking test footage. I'm hoping to hold auditions soon, got a surprising amount of people wanting to help for free!

If anyone out there has tried this before i'd love to hear from you.

Just documentary stuff. Nothing like you're wanting to do. I would love to do it though, at least once. I've been working on a short story about a young man who builds a psychomantium to try and contact his dead girlfriend with and finds the afterlife isn't exactly what he expected. He's befriended along the way by a retired Episcopal Preist who's the sexton at the graveyard she's buried in. Anyway, I'm up to a little over 7,000 words and expect to be finished within the week. After that, I may try to write a much shorter screenplay for a video short. I've never written a screenplay before, so it will be something new to try.

Best Wishes

If you look at the Films about Filmmaking links HERE, each episode takes you through a journey of how one video company produced a feature film on a next to nothing budget. The titles are a bit tedious after seeing then on every episode but if you skip them you may find some good tips.

5. Default

Thanks for the link, i'm gathering as much information as i can. I'll keep you posted on how i'm getting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamdoh View Post
    Has anyone tried to make there own feature film as yet? If so how did it go?

I'm currently on the third draft of the screenplay which i can shoot for next to nothing, locations that are available to me, along with access to local acting groups.
    Well, I've made one attempt at a feature film. We filmed it in Germany using available locations and local talent. It was a learning experience in how NOT to make a movie: "Cat!"

The best I can recommend is go for it, make it, learn from doing it.

Not bad. I mean, the acting was only so-so, but it was well put together. I bet kids would enjoy it.

One of my favorite movies was done in Germany a few years back. Did you ever see "Schultze Gets the Blues"?

8. Default

I've decided to self promote. So i've opened a facebook page and twitter account to post pic's, video's and information about my feature. Maybe it will help. I can only see it being a good thing. I should be able to get advice, gain help, be able to reach more talent while getting brand awarness.

Any downside?

Only the hard work and the distraction from your job as the film maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamdoh View Post
    I've decided to self promote. So i've opened a facebook page and twitter account to post pic's, video's and information about my feature. Maybe it will help. I can only see it being a good thing. I should be able to get advice, gain help, be able to reach more talent while getting brand awarness.

Any downside?
    Be careful, your 'Reality Check' is about to bounce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast