Thread: FL Studio 9

1. Question FL Studio 9

I'm getting FL Studio 9 tomorrow but I have no experience with it.
    It's a gift from my friend because I'm taking a Music Technology course next year.
    I've only ever had practice with other software at school and it seemed pretty complicated to set up, which is why I'm asking here.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to add an instrument because if I know that I can just work other things out as I've had practice with other music recording/editing software.
    I have a Roland electric piano with midi outputs, a laptop (soon with fls9) and a midi to usb cable.

Is there anything else I need to start? And how would I go about recording with my piano on FLS9?
    Also, would I be able to import sounds such as someone singing and just add it in because I'd like to make remixes too.

Thanks so much for your time.

Jake.

2. Default

While i have FL9 in my studio (i've been working in the audio field for ~6 years) it's not the best for recording audio. it doesn't handle straight audio as well as other sequencers - like Cubase or Protools. I'd opt for one of them, even though they are both much more expensive than an FL set up.

All these questions can be answered in the FL manual, and to make sure you read it, i'm not going to answer them. You need to memorize that manual, it will become immensely useful when you're starting out - sequencers can have a very steep learning curve.