Thread: Studio 14 Importing from Network Drives

Default Studio 14 Importing from Network Drives

Just purchased Studio 14 Ultimate (was it a mistake?) - I have had versions 7 and 9 and 10 previously, but now want to do stuff with HD.

No idea how to import any of my numerous .mts files from a network drive on another computer

XP Windows explorer will find them ok, but when in Studio, it will only look for stuff on a camera if plugged in.

I have a few Gbs of video on a network drive that I want to edit, and would not want to transfer to another format or similar nonsense.

Thanks

bump bump bump

probably need to convert your mts files to something pinnacle recognises - mp4, then open in edit mode - drag and drop, should work.
    whatever you do though, dont try using voice over as my experience is that it stops all sound - how or why? Can only guess that something like a windows update has changed something which conflicts with pinnacle.

Wouldnt want to convert Gbs of video thanks

And it seems impossible to view files on a network - ie stored on another computer and connected via a ethernet cable - Studio doesnt have the facility to search there

This isnt another Pinnacle Hash up is it......