Thread: Getting movement on keyframe timeline to match video timeline? SVP10

Default Getting movement on keyframe timeline to match video timeline? SVP10

Hi, in Sony Vegas 9 it would automatically have movement on the keyframe timeline of a video effect be reflected on the video timeline. So for instance, if I wanted to match an effect with a kick or snare, I could drag the keyframe timeline to that point and place a keyframe to have the screen suddenly brighten or whatever.
    In Sony Vegas 10, it doesn't do this. If you move along the timeline, the video in the background stays as is.

Where is the option to enable it? Or how do I do it?

Blog Entries

I'm not seeing that. I move along the (main) timeline and the cursor in the Video FX timeline follows.
    Are you running 10.0b ? Update released a few days ago? Just a thought.
    Tim

In VP10, 10a or 10b, the FX Timeline and all such T/Ls have been overhauled . The Sync Cursor will only be revealed if you click on the "Animate" Button within the Video Event Fx Menu. Once done you get the Sync Cursor Icon/Button back again. Click on that and you'll get your Main T/L Cursor working with your Fx Cursor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    In VP10, 10a or 10b, the FX Timeline and all such T/Ls have been overhauled . The Sync Cursor will only be revealed if you click on the "Animate" Button within the Video Event Fx Menu. Once done you get the Sync Cursor Icon/Button back again. Click on that and you'll get your Main T/L Cursor working with your Fx Cursor.
    Jace: Is that the case? You can't see the FX timeline? Might have been worth mentioning that in your first post.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Jace: Is that the case? You can't see the FX timeline? Might have been worth mentioning that in your first post.
    I was always assuming that Jace can see the FX timeline, hence the question about how to go about activating Sync in the timeline. My response was based on Jace seeing the timeline.

Blog Entries

Must be a misunderstanding then.

You instructed him (or so I thought) to click "animate". If he hadn't already done that then he wouldn't have been able to see the FX timeline.
    Tim