Thread: Inporting .divx and .vob

Default Inporting .divx and .vob

I want some kickass ringtones for my phone and the old school rock videos I wanted to render just a WAV file out of are .divx and .vob so I'm stumped. Using Vegas Pro10 neither are supported, can I convert them without loosing audio quality into something importable? I don't care about the video but if I can convert it to something with uncompressed audio that would be sweet.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

I also can't get AVI files to import, these files I recorded using hypercam I think and they are 60fps. Other AVI files play fine on my computer but these only play in VLC and they are choppy, WMP only reads the audio.

Hi, I just joined 5 minutes ago so I suppose that makes me an expert (of some kind). There are several ways to deal with your inquiry. One simple and proven method is to get yourself a free copy of 'Super', which is both a video and audio converter -- and can handle just about anything. SUPER &copy (scroll to the bottom for the download).
    Just drop your divx or VOB or whatever in and choose wav in the top left hand corner -- you can also specify sample rates etc.

Just a word on 'uncompressed' : If your audio is already in such video files then it is already compressed. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. In most cases even experts wouldn't notice the difference -- especially in a phone ringtone.

And one more thing: AVI is not a codec, it's a carrier -- so you could have anything inside the AVI carrier -- even Divx.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Hi, I just joined 5 minutes ago so I suppose that makes me an expert (of some kind). There are several ways to deal with your inquiry. One simple and proven method is to get yourself a free copy of 'Super', which is both a video and audio converter -- and can handle just about anything. SUPER &copy (scroll to the bottom for the download).
    Just drop your divx or VOB or whatever in and choose wav in the top left hand corner -- you can also specify sample rates etc.

Just a word on 'uncompressed' : If your audio is already in such video files then it is already compressed. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. In most cases even experts wouldn't notice the difference -- especially in a phone ringtone.

And one more thing: AVI is not a codec, it's a carrier -- so you could have anything inside the AVI carrier -- even Divx.
    It looks like spyware to me there is knowhere to download it safety, I tried Magic Video Converter but both Wav and Flac came out being very quiet.
    Last edited by PinkFloydEffect; 01-12-2011 at 11:43 PM.