Thread: Lip Sync Issues with Studio 14

Default Lip Sync Issues with Studio 14

Hi Guys,

just joined after 10 years of editing. This has got me stumped....

Importing VHS via dazzle into Studio 14. Lip sync is all great until i put it onto disk, then it turns out like a Chinese Kung Fu Movie with audio & Vid out of sync.

Getting help from Aviv/Pinnacle is impossible so hoping you can help me out.

I have all the latest drivers installed, a dual core 2.6 processor, 3GB Ram, this system is pretty mean but i just cant work it out.

Im thinking now i might try to Make movie straight to file then try a different burn program.

Any suggestions plllllllllllease??

I am having the same issue. Depending on the amount of vocal audio I am using, I can generally relocate it in the video and use some clever chapter placement to get around the sync problem. I first suspected it was due to transitions trimming frames but not the audio. This doesn't seem to be the case, as I have the same problem with or without transitions. My next suspicion is that the menu is somehow affecting the audio, though I have no idea how that could be.

In my experience though, burning it directly to an mpeg does not solve the problem, therefore, it should rule out the menu being the culprit. I am out of ideas on the issue.

To the people who use other video programs: Does Vegas or Premiere have this problem? Heck I would even use Windows Movie Maker if I thought it would solve this particular issue. Though it would be a waste of a few hundred dollars.

I gave up on Pinnacle on version 10, I had version 8 and passed on 9 and when avid merged with them I thought I'd give 10 a try seeing how they said they are using the liqued engine... but no luck, The issues that you guys are having has been a issue for years that pinnacle refuses to fix. I tried working with tech support to fix the problem by giving them any information they needed and they pretty much said to figure it out my self so I know the frustration well.. I ended up switching to vegas and I dont have the issues with sync or crashes.. I wish I could be more help but I think Pinnacle is a lost cause till the developers decide to fix the software instead of telling people that by upgrading to the new version will fix the issues when it dosent.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Well, I guess that just confirms my suspicions. It is disappointing, though. I have purchased, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14 all for different reasons. The lip sync only became a problem for me recently while doing some weddings. And it is a big problem. Fortunately, I have other means of video making, albeit without menus.

You are a Vegas user. Are there any complaints you have about it? Do all transitions and menus come with the program, or do you have to constantly purchase add on packs for $39-$129? I mean, If I am going to drop $700 all in one go, I would rather not have to spend more money on the "good" transitions. If this is an inappropriate place to ask this, I will send a PM.

Ladyburg, sorry to somewhat hijack your thread.

I havent had any major issues, i have had some bad renders that wouldnt complete but it was issues with the import and re capturing fixed it, and that happenes rarely, I spend abt 20 hours + a week editing. vegas is a good staple program. It comes with the transitions and menue templets although i make my own menues.. you can down load the full working version (minus a few codecs you have to register) s a trial to try it out first.

trial
    Sony Creative Software - Download: Trials and Demos

free templetes etc
    Sony Creative Software - Downloads - Free Downloads

you can also get the adobe trials to see what fits your needs better
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction