Thread: Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection vs. Corel VideoStudio Pro x3

Default Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection vs. Corel VideoStudio Pro x3

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Pavilion desktop e9107c.
    System board chip set: Intel G45/G43/P45/P43
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.33GHz
    Total Physical Memory 8GB
    2048 MB DDR3-SDRAM (1333MHz) x 4
    Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512MB
    Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio

I'm most familiar with Avid Xpress Pro. I had a student version in 2005 on my old PC, and took a one semester course on using it.

I've been out of the loop since then and would like to know which programs stand out now. I find most video editing reviews are geared towards beginner level editors, so I'm glad I found this forum.

I'd like a program with plentiful features, no system crashes, and not buggy. I tried Adobe Premiere on my current PC and it kept inserting random green frames when I had a lot of tiny clips.

I am leaning towards Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection because it's by the company I am familiar with. I've also been hearing how fast Corel VideoStudio is.

When I further researched reviews on Amazon, I found that both products are buggy and crash frequently.

At this point, I'm quite confused as to which products have superior stability, and which products would work the best with my current system.

Any advice is most appreciated.

My experience with Pinnacle Studio has been great. But previous versions were horrible. Avid bought Pinnacle a couple of years ago and since then it has become a stable and usable program. I think that Avid is using Pinnacle as their edit at home product. I'm not as confident on Corel. I think it's worth checking out Sony Vegas too. There's a lot of buzz on it and it's pretty affordable.

Pinnacle has a lot of prebuilt templates, a pretty good DVD authoring program and keyer. If you're buying, make sure you get the top end version...Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection so that you get the full set of Red Giant plugins.

I'm glad jrwall is happy with his version of Pinnacle, Out of all the NLEs Pinnacle seems to be the with the most bugs. I am surprised Adobe Premiere gave you problems. Like jrwall said Sony Vegas is pretty good ( this is what I currently use) and easily upgradable which is something you may want to consider. Canopus Edius is probably the most stable NLE I've used, they have a smaller version called Neo which is worth a look.

The problem with choosing a NLE program is that people are very subjective in what they like and want so going through the trial versions is probably a good idea for you. Most of the best NLEs have free download trial versions with a 30 day limit but full featured version.